Forum Topic

Women's beginner running groups on Wimbledon Common

I'm starting up women's beginner running groups on Wimbledon Common, commencing in late June. If you've ever wanted to start running but weren't sure where to start, my groups offer a relaxed, supportive environment for beginner runners in the local area.We’ll build up slowly, with lots of run-walking initially, on the flat, scenic trails of the common, and by the end of the ten week course you’ll be able to run 5k without stopping.Whether you want to improve your general fitness, or have your sights set on running a 5k, a 10k (or maybe even a marathon one day), my groups will help you get a step closer to your goal. I’ll also be offering 5-10k groups further down the line and one-on-one coached outdoor fitness sessions, offering something a bit different to working out in a gym environment.We’ll meet at the Windmill car park on Wimbledon Common, which can be reached easily by car, on foot or by local public transport routes, and we’ll run on the beautiful trails in the surrounding area. Groups will be led by me, Cat. I’m a UK Athletics qualified run leader and a personal trainer, so can offer advice about wider issues relating to running, such as hydration and nutrition, strength and conditioning, and injury prevention.I’ll initially be holding two sessions solely for women; one on a Monday morning and one in the evening. To register an interest for these, or to find out a bit more information, please drop me an email to CatSimpsonRunning@gmail.com, stating your name and whether you’d be interested in attending the morning or evening session.When: Monday morning or evening, starting in late JuneWhere: Wimbledon Common Windmill car parkPrice: £50 for 10 weeks (one session per week)Many thanks

Cat Simpson ● 3619d0 Comments